Auto exclusions allow:
- Google’s mobile app promotion template ads to be automatically excluded from showing to users who have already downloaded the advertisers app
- Google advertisers to exclude automatic bidding within their mobile app
- Google advertisers to exclude high install pricing
- Google’s mobile app promotion template ads to automatically include showing to users who have already downloaded the advertisers app
Auto exclusions allow
Automatic exclusions: Google’s mobile app promotion template ads are automatically excluded from showing to people who’ve already downloaded the app.
Read more here: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/6208446?hl=en
Now that we’ve discussed the challenges and opportunities for advertisers looking to fulfill their objectives using mobile, it’s worth reviewing why Google can provide these solutions. Ultimately, there are 5 reasons: mobile reach, ad formats that drive engagement and value, campaign performance and tracking optimization, integration with Google Play for tracking and targeting, and inventory transparency.
Across the mobile landscape, Google has global reach:
- Mobile app network with more than 650,000 apps (source)
- Top mobile search engine
- Mobile web display network with more than 500,000 mobile-optimized sites on the GDN (source)
- Mobile video platform with half of YouTube views on mobile devices (source)
- Mobile email client with Gmail
Ad formats that drive engagement and value
For truly powerful targeting, context is just as important as intent. Not only does Google let you reach your target audience (intent), you can reach these people wherever they are on the web (context), not just in a single app.
Location signals are king on mobile, and Google offers world-class bid-by-distance and location-targeting tools.
For example, custom mobile app install ads automatically pull relevant app information from an app and populate it in the ad format. These ads also target only people who previously downloaded the app.
Campaign performance and tracking optimization
Market to people, not devices: Google can measure many of your customers’ valuable actions, regardless of which device or channel drove it. Measure mobile actions that users take (e.g., purchase, call, app download, directions) across channels (e.g., search, video, display, in-app), and across devices.
Google lets you turn data into action with its bidding, targeting, and optimization tools. You can turn cross-channel and -device insights into bidding and optimization decisions.
- Conversion Optimizer for apps: AdWords automatically takes into account dozens of signals (e.g., location, time of day, CTR, device) and adjusts bids accordingly across search and display inventory to help advertisers hit desired cost-per-install goals
- Confirmed clicks: Google’s mobile display ads help prevent accidental clicks by verifying each person’s intentions before directing to the app download page
- Automatic exclusions: Google’s mobile app promotion template ads are automatically excluded from showing to people who’ve already downloaded the app
Integration with Google Play for tracking and targeting
Because Google has its own app store, Google Play, you get unique insights and custom targeting.
- Similar app installers: Target users who’ve downloaded apps in the same category as yours (e.g, a hotel-finder app could target those who’ve already download travel apps)
- In-app purchasers: Target users who’ve either paid for apps or made a purchase within an app (e.g., a gaming advertiser might target people who’ve previously spent money in game apps)
- Codeless Android app install tracking: Google lets advertisers track their Android downloads without having to add code to the app
The Google Play Store has an open philosophy regarding the app marketplace; it allows for visibility into advertisers’ apps. This can also provide insight when it comes to tracking and measuring ad campaigns.