Dynamic search ads would be most helpful for…
websites with hundreds or thousands of products, services, or listings that change frequently
Moving an ads position dynamically in whatever direction a users eyes are looking.
campaigns that need to reduce exposure on competitive keywords.
a local restaurant with a dynamically changing menu that offers fresh new entrees every few months.
Dynamic search ads would be most helpful for
Businesses with websites that contain a lot of content or well-structured URLs will see the best results from using Dynamic Search Ads. Here are some additional examples of the types of businesses that are a good fit for using this campaign type:
- Your website features different products or
- You sell seasonal product lines or other offerings, or you’re expanding your business to new
About Dynamic Search Ads
Dynamic Search Ads let you target searches automatically. For standard text ads, you choose the keywords for an ad. With Dynamic Search Ads, your ads and keywords are automatically generated based on the content of your landing page.
Dynamic Search Ads can help fill in gaps for keywords that you might have missed manually. They’re also particularly useful if you’re advertising lots of products. With them, you don’t have to add a new set of keywords every time a new product enters your online inventory.
This article explains how Dynamic Search Ads work, and whether they’re a good fit your business. For an instructional article, jump to Create Dynamic Search Ads.
How it works
Instead of keywords, Dynamic Search Ads use content from your website to target your ads to searches.
To do so, we use Google’s organic search index of your website to determine which searches might be relevant to your products and services.
Choose which landing pages to scan
You can choose whether your entire website or just specific pages are used to target your ads.
The default way to set up Dynamic Search Ads is to use category targets generated from your website. These customised categories, based on the content and structure of your site, will help you reach groups of people who are most relevant for your business goals.
Dynamically generate ad text
When AdWords finds searches that match your dynamic ad targets, it generates your ad’s headline and landing page URL. This URL will link to the most appropriate page from your website.
The headline is dynamically created from each matching phrase entered in Google Search, and from the title of the most relevant landing page used for the ad.
Dynamic Search Ads can have longer headlines than other search ads, which improves their visibility.
Keep in mind, you still control the description lines and Display URL in your ads.
Who it’s for
Businesses with content-rich websites will see the best results from using Dynamic Search Ads. Here are examples of types of businesses that are a good fit for this campaign type:
- Your website features an assortment of different products or services, and some of your items are changing over time.
- You sell seasonal product lines or other offerings, or you’re expanding your business to new markets.
When Dynamic Search Ads may not be ideal for your business
Dynamic Search Ads may not be the best campaign type for websites with rapidly changing content, as content updates won’t be immediately detected.
For example, websites that feature daily deals aren’t the best fit for Dynamic Search Ads.
Why use Dynamic Search Ads
Here are some of the benefits of using Dynamic Search Ads:
- Save time. No more mapping keywords, bids and ad text to each product on your website.
- Frequent, automatic updates to your ads. When you make changes to pages in our index, we’ll crawl your website again to help ensure that your ads are as up to date as possible.
- Show relevant, dynamically generated headlines with your ads. When a customer’s search is relevant to your product or service, we’ll dynamically generate an ad with a headline that includes words from that customer’s search phrase and the landing page in the ad.
- Control your campaign. You can show ads based on your entire website, or specific categories or pages. Or, prevent your ads from showing for products that are temporarily out-of-stock.
- Capture additional traffic. Dynamic Search Ads can help you gain additional traffic and sales by promoting your business to more customers than you can reach with a keyword-targeted campaign.
Read more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471185?hl=en