Mrs. Powell is looking at ways to reduce the amount of printing undertaken in class. How can Google Drive help?
- Google Drive can automatically reformat documents before printing to save on paper
- Google Drive makes files easily accessible from anywhere, so there is less need to print and carry documents into class
- Google Drive can be configured so the printing of files in class is password protected
- All class print requests can be rerouted in Google Drive to the school office
- Files in Google Drive can be shared with a simple link in an email. No need to print a copy for someone in class
When you use cloud storage tools (like Google Drive), all of the documents, pictures, and videos you upload are automatically accessible via any computer, tablet, or mobile device. This anytime, anywhere access gives you the ability to share documents and folders, reduces your need to print content and, (extra bonus!) reduces anxiety because your documents are not going to be lost. After all, the cloud storage servers that host our information have back-up systems and security measures in place to keep our data safe and available.