To grow an online community, some organizations start their own LinkedIn groups, rather than joining existing public or private ones. When doing so, it’s good to have a designated community manager in place. What are two things this community manager should do, as part of their responsibilities?
- ensure posts from group members are helpful and engaging to other community members, and not just self-promotional
- be a leader from within the company such as the owner or CEO
- be willing to interact in the group using their personal LinkedIn profiles
- be able to engage online outside of work hours
- understand SEO strategy and apply it to the posts they write