Which is the best type of campaign for an advertiser to use to target a set of specific mobile apps with ads for their website?
A) Display Network – “Mobile app installs”
B) Display Network with the marketing objective of “Engage with your mobile app”
C) Display Network – “Ads in mobile apps”
D) Search Network with the marketing objective of “Mobile app installs”
Mobile app install campaigns are geared specifically toward getting more people to download your app. AdWords can help customize targeting, keywords, and ads based on your app ID and other information. You can easily gauge your campaign’s performance by tracking installs as conversions. But Starting in November 2017, Universal App will become the only type of campaign available for promoting your apps. To be prepared for the change, learn about Universal App campaigns.
Read more here: //support.google.com/adwords/answer/6309936
- Mobile app install campaigns are geared specifically toward getting more people to download your app.
- AdWords can help customize targeting, keywords, and ads based on your app ID and other information.
- You can easily gauge your campaign’s performance by tracking installs as conversions.
Promote your app with campaigns to drive downloads
Mobile app install campaigns can help you create custom app install ads that run exclusively on phones and tablets. AdWords helps create your app install ads based on your app icon and reviews, and these ads take people straight to the app store to download your app.
Based on the mobile operating system for the app you choose, AdWords can find your most likely customers and focus on showing ads to people who don’t have your app yet. Connecting your AdWords account to your Google Play Developer account makes this even easier: you can sync user lists and targeting, and track installs seamlessly. Learn more about Linking Google Play and AdWords.
When more people download your app, you could improve your app store ranking, which in turn can result in even more people downloading your app.
Differences between campaign types
Universal App campaign
- Why use it: Simplify your app install campaign management. Promote your Android app across multiple networks within a single campaign.
- Bid strategy: Target CPA
- Where ads can show: Google Play, Google Search Network, YouTube and Google Display Network
- Ad formats: Provide lines of text, then AdWords does the rest to generate your ads and drive app installs.
Create a Universal App campaign.
All other app promotion campaigns
- Why use it: Control your entire campaign. Promote your app on a single network (Search, Display or YouTube) to drive app installs.
- Bid strategies: CPC, CPV(YouTube only), Target CPA
- Where ads can show: Display Network, Search Network (including Google Play Search for Android apps), or YouTube
- Ad formats: App install ads, Image app install ads, Video app install ads, TrueView app promotion ads (YouTube)
- Learn more about:
- Display Network app installs campaigns
- Search Network app installs campaigns
- YouTube TrueView for mobile app promotion
Keep in mind
It takes a little while for AdWords to find the best targeting to meet your Target CPA.
- Which Is The Best Type Of Campaign
- Which Is The Best Type Of Campaign For An Advertiser To Use Target
- Which Is The Best Type Of Campaign For An Advertiser
- Set Of Specific Mobile App