If the query “Seattle plumbers” is entered into Google, Google will use the location term that is part of the query to show ads:
- A) that have included “Seattle” as an exact match in keyword lists.
- B) targeted to areas surrounding the city of Seattle.
- C) targeted to Seattle, regardless of the user’s location as long as they are in the US.
- D) to that user based on IP (Internet Protocol) address.
Explanation: Advanced location targeting options allow you to reach:
- People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your targeted location (default)
- People in your targeted location
- People searching for or viewing pages about your targeted location
You can read more here: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/1722038?hl=en