What type of data does Google Analytics prohibit you from collecting?
Personally identifable information
The Google Analytics terms of service, which all Google Analytics customers must adhere to, prohibit sending personally identifiable information (PII) to Google Analytics. PII includes any data that can be used by Google to reasonably identify an individual, including (but not limited to) names, email addresses, or billing information.
Read more here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
The Google Analytics security and privacy principles summarize the steps we take to help keep your data protected.
Google provides the following controls to website owners who have implemented Google Analytics and to website users to provide more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics.
- Ads Settings Some sites using Google Analytics implement the Remarketing with Google Analytics feature, which makes use of the Google advertising cookies. Users can opt-out of this feature and manage their settings for this cookie using the Ads Settings.
- Google Analytics SDK and Measurement Protocol notice and opt-out The owners of any site, app, or other digital device or service that implements any alternative collection method and/or feature via the Google Analytics SDK or the Measurement Protocol are required by our policies to provide notice and offer a choice (such as an opt-out) to users.
- What Type Of Data Does Google Analytics Prohibit You
- What Type Of Data Does Google Analytics Prohibit You From Collecting
- What Type Of Data Does Google Analytics