When should you use manual tagging?
You should use manual tagging in order to track all of your advertising campaigns, like AdWords or Facebook.
You should use manual tagging for any non-AdWords custom campaign.
You should use manual tagging to track only AdWords campaigns.
When should you use manual tagging
Using auto-tagging exclusively provides several benefits over manual tagging. It:
- Saves you the work of manually tagging every final URL.
- Eliminates the errors you can introduce when you attempt to manually tag each URL. For example,
utm_source=Googleis different from
- Allows you to import Analytics goals and transactions into AdWords Conversion Tracking.
- Offers more detailed Analytics reporting (see below).
- When Should You Use Manual Tagging