Which of the following is true about mobile optimized websites?
- You should build your app before your mobile site
- Visitors to your mobile-optimized site will be at the same point in the purchase funnel as visitors to your desktop site
- Mobile websites should only focus on task-based functionality, i.e. be a stripped-down version of the desktop site
- Mobile-friendly experiences typically feature easy navigation, quick-to-load images, and streamlined text
Good mobile experiences typically feature simplified navigation, quick-to-load images, and streamlined text. Many successful mobile sites have reduced or eliminated the need for scrolling or typing, and have large, easy-to-click “touch targets”.
Read more here: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/6208453?hl=en
Should you create a mobile website or a mobile app for your brand? The answer is often “both,” because each caters to a different type of customer. An app is essentially a bookmark for loyal users who’ve invested the energy to download your app in order to more easily interact with your brand. A mobile site is for everyone else.
While apps can be effective in deepening relationships with loyal customers, the majority of your traffic will likely come from the web. And while apps must be designed for specific platforms, a mobile site is accessible by everyone, across all screens. Having an app is not the same as having a mobile strategy.
If you have to prioritize between an app and a mobile site, your first task should be creating a mobile site. Once it’s live, you can then launch a mobile app for power users.
To make your website mobile friendly, it should navigate easily and the images should be optimized enough to load quickly.
- When mobile users navigate through a site, they want an easy way to get back to the homepage.
- Make conversion as easy as possible by using the information you already have to pre-fill fields for registered users.
- When choosing from limited options, participants preferred to tap toggle icons rather than enter text or choose from a drop-down menu.
Read more here:
- Open>> https://academy.exceedlms.com
- Course: Adwords Mobile Advertising
- Topic: Design great mobile sites