Why can AdWords clicks differ from Analytics sessions in your reports?
some visitors may be blocking cookies
clicks and sessions are different metrics
all of the above
Why can AdWords clicks differ from Analytics sessions in your reports
The Analytics AdWords reports import data directly from the AdWords system. The data in AdWords and Analytics is usually consistent, however, there are circumstances in which the data can differ:
- Comparing long date ranges may include periods during which your accounts were not linked.
- Linking multiple AdWords accounts to the same Analytics view complicates the information in your reports.
- Filters may remove some of the data from your Analytics reports. Check that there are no filters editing your campaign destination URLs.
- AdWords data is imported into Analytics at the time you view your report, so data is current as of the most recent hour.
Use the check list provided here to verify your configuration. See the rest of the article for further discussion of why data differences can occur.
- Why Can Adwords Clicks Sometimes Differ