AdWords Video Basic Assessment Answers – Academy for Ads
Which ad format gives viewers the choice of whether or not to watch your ad, and helps drive brand consideration?
Maria wants to make sure and share her video ads when her target audience is most likely to view them!
When setting up her TrueView Standard video campaign in AdWords, what setting allows her to adjust these parameters?
These people are redefining what it means to be a celebrity by being approachable, conversational, and authentic to millions of dedicated followers. They can activate millions of fans with a click of the “publish” button — and some are sharing the spotlight with brands.
What targeting options are available on the Display Network? (Choose 2)
An advertiser wants to know the minimum amount of money that she must spend on an AdWords campaign.
What should you tell her?
What can you use to connect with people based on their purchase intent?
You’re an agency that needs to know the technical specifications to build and implement your upcoming video campaign.
Where can you go to find out how each ad format works,
creative submission timelines, technical specifications, reporting, and third-party tracking capabilities?
What is Google’s programmatic buying platform?
A huge fan of both in-stream and discovery ads, what advice would you share with Andreas who would like to set up his video campaign in AdWords?
Your manager wants to know how Google can help your brand get in front of mobile users. What might you say?
Your agency is looking to run a video campaign that has flexible pricing, real-time optimization, and an ad format that allows users to opt out of watching.
Where can you implement this campaign?
On mobile alone, what platform reaches more 18- to 49-year-olds than any broadcast or cable TV network?
In his TrueView discovery ad, Amir wants to invite people to click to watch his YouTube video about a DIY home improvement project.
What call to action language gives learners a reason to take action?
Yoko wants to re-engage prior customers who’ve visited her YouTube channel but haven’t downloaded the shopping app.
What can she identify to make a video remarketing list?
Sebastien wants to get a good read on how his users are interacting with his videos across different geographies of his target demographic. For example, it would be helpful to know what calls-to-action are driving higher clickthrough rates.
In which report of YouTube Analytics would he be able to access this kind of data?
Before finalizing the target audience for his next campaign, Sacha would like to find out more about what his potential audience, especially what they think about his product.
What Google tool could he use to gain this insight quickly?
Mavi wants to do a collaboration with a YouTube star in which she includes her brand’s message in the creator’s video.
What type of collaboration does this describe?
Using a variety of Google tools, Jose was able to glean insight into jean preferences for the area of Chicago in which his new store is opening. However, he has plans to expand nationally!What Google tool could he use to get insight into trends and popularity of products across the U.S.?
- Google Correlate
- Google Surveys
- Google Shopping Insights
- Google Trends
What tool measures brand metrics along the marketing funnel like brand consideration or purchase intent?
- YouTube Analytics
- AdWords Reporting
- Google Brand Lift
- Video Performance Data
Jared would like to use video remarketing to re-engage his current YouTube audience with a new product release.
What’s the critical first step he needs to take within AdWords to start a video remarketing campaign?
- Select the viewer actions he wants to target for his list
- Set the membership duration to Open to ensure he captures all users for an open ended period of time, even new ones
- Add the remarketing list to his campaign
- Link his current AdWords account to his existing YouTube channel
In setting up her latest video campaign on YouTube, Susan is faced with the Video targeting tab and a myriad of audience settings.What strategy should she adopt to optimize her campaign’s view rates?
- Take it easy — to start, simply go with the default targeting settings while getting used to running an AdWords video campaign.
- Start broad — adjust the settings to reach a wide audience, test, and then refine the settings based on the performance data.
- Maximize for success — take advantage of each setting to narrow things down based on the insights you’ve uncovered on your ideal audience.
- Use what you know — adjust the settings to mimic those used for a prior successful video campaign.
Video campaign up and running, check! Now how’s it doing? Holly has just a few minutes to pull some data together on how her audience is responding to the ads. In particular, she wants to know how well her ads are resonating — whether viewers are interacting with the ads they see.What metric should she investigate in AdWords Reporting?
- Clickthrough rate (CTR)
- Cost-per-view (CPV)
- Viewthrough rate
- View rate
What benefit of advertising with TrueView best serves a new video advertiser hoping to share his niche brand story with just the right audience?
- You can tell a personal brand story.
- You can set up a video campaign in just a few minutes.
- You can reach a targeted audience on YouTube and with partners across the Google Display Network.
- You can measure your success using the powerful video performance tools AdWords Video Analytics and YouTube Analytics.
Tom has his sights set on this TrueView in-stream ad launching his new food truck company app.What creative element encourages his customers to interact with the ad and actually take action?
- His company’s brand name
- A direct call-to-action (CTA)
- His company logo
- Background music
For her latest TrueView in-stream ad, Jacquline’s primary goal is to get her brand noticed with the 18-25 year-old set.What could she incorporate in her video to help humanize her brand?
- Add music
- Feature animation
- Collaborate with a YouTube creator
- Use humor
A tech-savvy musician, Josef wants to create his first video ad and he has budget to do so! Although he’s a bit concerned about the actual filmmaking part, he is excited to make this ad himself using YouTube’s Director app.Which app feature best supports his need?
- The app is available at no cost to him or any businesses — big or small.
- It’s mobile-friendly, so he can easily create his video footage on the go.
- It helps connect him with local filmmakers for hire.
- It offers 100+ ready-to-go video templates designed for a variety of businesses, including his.
Matias is thrilled about including video remarketing in his latest campaign strategy to bolster pre-holiday sales of his company’s new toy release. He is eager to re-engage with his prior customers who are exploring his YouTube content.What benefit of video remarketing meets his need?
- It allows for reaching a very broad audience — a scope that includes YouTube, as well as Google’s Search and Display Network.
- It can be set up in AdWords in a few steps.
- It’s cost-efficient by remarketing to customers based on past behaviors that may offer a higher return on investment.
- It offers the opportunity to target specific customers and create personalized messaging to his audience that has shown interest for similar toys on his YouTube channel.
In looking at her performance data, Mia recognizes her video ads aren’t driving traffic to her website as well as she had hoped. In particular the clickthrough rates (CTR) are low.What could she do to increase the CTR over time?
- Fine tune her target audience
- Shorten the video ad’s duration
- Rotate two or three different video ads
- Add a call-to-action (CTA) overlay