If someone clicks a TrueView video discovery ad, where do they land?
- The video on the YouTube watch page or advertiser’s channel
- The advertiser’s YouTube Masthead
- The advertiser’s website
- The ad’s destination URL
Discovery ads always serve one purpose — to encourage users to click and watch. To encourage those behaviors, these ads rely on clever repurposing of two creative elements: the thumbnail and text.
The video plays on the YouTube Watch page or on your channel page.
Where can the ads appear?
- On YouTube search results
- Alongside related YouTube videos
- On the YouTube mobile homepage
Read more here: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/2375464
Clicking the ad will deliver a user to the YouTube watch or channel page to view the video rather than playing the video within the ad unit itself.
Read more here: https://support.google.com/displayspecs/answer/6227733?hl=en