Sharing a Custom Report will share the data in that report.
When you share a Custom Report, only the configuration information is shared. Your data remains private.
You can read more here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1326774?hl=en
You need edit permission to use this feature.
Assets are tools that you create in Analytics to help you customize your data analysis. Custom Segments, Goals, Custom Channel Groupings, Custom Attribution Models, and Custom Reports are all considered assets in Analytics. Assets are created and managed at the reporting view level.
You can share assets one at a time from each specific asset menu, or you can share more than one asset at the same time. When you share an asset, only the configuration information is copied and shared. None of your Analytics account data or personal information is shared, so you maintain control over your privacy and data.
To share multiple assets at the same time:
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view from which you want to share assets.
- In the VIEW column, click Share Assets.
- Select the assets you wish to share. You can share all assets by clicking the checkbox in the top of the table.
- Click Share.
- Select the sharing type, either Share template link or Share in Solutions Gallery.
- Click Share.
From this table, you can also Delete an asset or Import from Gallery (i.e. import assets from the Solutions Gallery).