True or false: If Viola signs up to run Shopping ads but doesn’t post a refund policy on her website, she can’t run ads.
When users buy from your site, they should be able access your return and refund policy. Make sure that your return and refund policy is clear and easy to find. Even if you don’t offer returns or refunds, still state your policy explicitly.
Read more here: //support.google.com/merchants/answer/6363310
Before creating a Merchant Center account and setting up your product data, you’ll need to make sure that your business complies with the Merchant Center guidelines described here:
- Promote only products available for direct purchase
- Use an official language
- Tell customers about your return and refund policy
- Collect user information responsibly and securely
- Follow the Google Shopping policies
- Verify and claim your website URL
- Website requirements
- Fit your product data into the Google Shopping feed specification
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account regularly
Promote only products available for direct purchase
The products that you promote on Google Shopping need to be available for purchase through your store. You’re not allowed to use Google Shopping to promote affiliate or pay-per-click links to products—except through the Affiliate Advertising Beta.
Links promoted on Google Shopping need to lead users directly to a page that allows them to buy the advertised product.
Learn more about the “Abuse of network” policy
Learn more about marketplaces and agencies
- If Viola Signs Up To Run
- True Or False If Viola Signs Up
- True Or False If Viola Signs Up To Run Shopping Ads
- Viola Signs Up For Shopping Ads