If you want to reach certain categories of apps with in–app display ads, or if you know the apps you want to target, you should:
- Go to “Campaign Exclusions” from the Display Network tab
- Create a Display Network campaign targeted to mobile apps
- Enable Active View reporting
- Create a placement inclusion for mobile apps
If you want to target particular categories, expand the app stores under “Mobile app categories” by clicking + , then choose the categories you want by clicking » next to each one. These categories match the category names in each store.
Read more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722057?hl=en
You can reach a growing audience of people using mobile phones and tablets by showing your ads in apps. Choose to let AdWords match your ad to apps for you through the Display Network, or target particular app categories.
In this article, we’re talking about advertising within apps to promote any product.
- To learn about ad formats that can appear on mobile devices, read more about types of mobile ads.
- To avoid showing ads on certain placements, read about how to exclude webpages and apps.
- To promote your own app, skip this and check out best practices for how to promote apps.
You can show ads in mobile apps through your Search Network with Display Select or Display Network campaigns.
- If you want to experiment with advertising in mobile apps, simply track the performance of your ads that were placed in mobile apps through the Display Network. You don’t have to make any changes to do this: apps are part of the Display Network. Learn how to track the performance of ads in apps below under targeting apps through the Display Network below.
- If you want to reach certain categories of apps, or if you know the apps you want to target, you should create a Display Network campaign devoted to mobile apps. Learn more about these campaigns below under reaching specific apps or app categories in the Display Network.
- If you don’t want your ad to appear in apps:
- From the Display Network tab, go to “Campaign Exclusions.”
- In the “Placements” section, paste
In Display Network campaigns, if you want to exclude individual mobile apps rather than all mobile apps, you can use placement exclusions for mobile apps. Add these exclusions in the Display tab under “Ad group exclusions” or “Campaign exclusions”.
Tracking the performance of your mobile app ads
To see which apps are showing your ad, go to the Display Network tab and choose Placements. You’ll see the app categories and apps you’ve chosen to place your ads there.
If you want to see the performance of apps within categories, click the checkbox next to the category name and use the See URL list drop-down menu above the table.